Past the world of entry-level hosting is where you can find the next step up – the tier of the best cloud hosting providers (for WordPress). But how to navigate these waters?
Also, is it worth the hassle to learn what cloud hosting is about? Is cloud hosting better for WordPress in any way? Well, it’s certainly different…
This post will guide you in making the right choice. We look at the best cloud hosting providers in the market today and assess them on various parameters based on your requirements.
Introduction to cloud hosting
Let’s start from the beginning
- The simplest form of traditional web hosting is shared hosting. In this hosting model, one server houses the websites of multiple customers. This is also very often the model under which the top WordPress hosting companies operate.
- The next form of hosting is VPS hosting. It is similar to shared hosting since a number of websites are hosted on the same server. However, dedicated resource allocation ensures that the websites do not interfere with the performance of one another to a certain extent.
- Dedicated hosting is the type of hosting where only a single site is hosted on a server. This gives you complete control of the host’s resources, and consequently makes your website independent of the performance of others.
Cloud hosting is a bit of all of the above…
Theoretically, a virtual machine on the cloud cannot be compared to the traditional types of web hosting. A public cloud hosting provider hosts websites on its own premises, a part of which can be purchased by everyone. The data center that hosts the cloud may be shared between other customers. A private cloud, on the other hand, is hosted exclusively for a single customer at a remote location. A virtual private cloud is the extension of the capabilities of a customer to handle momentary high loads. It may be hosted on the premises of the customer.
💡 On a side note; another type of hosting is specialized hosting, where a hosting provider lets you host a specific type of a website or web app. Common examples of specialized hosting are WordPress hosting, Node.js hosting, or, even more specialized, WooCommerce hosting.
Here’s the lineup we have:
- InMotion Hosting Cloud Business Solutions
- Amazon Web Services
- Google Cloud
- SiteGround Managed Cloud Hosting